Tickle's was originally established in 1989 by Lynn and Jack Tickle under the name J.R. Tickle Fine Furnishings. In their modest, 1000 square-foot shop, Jack crafted 18th Century reproduction furniture while Lynn tended to the daily operations and gradually expanded the business to include collectibles and gifts. Within a few years, the store had doubled in size and was renamed Tickle's Country Shoppe.
In 1996, the current 7,500 square-foot, 18th Century reproduction building was built, with parts constructed from beams from an old Vermont tavern. They also incorporated into the new store a Tea Room, serving lunch and home made desserts.
Today, the store continues to grow and change with current trends and life styles. Known now as Tickle's, they offer a wide range of Women's Apparel and Accessories, as well as home decor and fine gifts. The Tea Room serves a wonderful lunch and fabulous desserts all homemade, 7 days a week.